February 26, 2010

Broke The News

I know a girl that has been traveling the world alone since she was 16 years old doing missions. She's been to several very under-developed countries, some pretty scary places. She now works teaching kids on an Rez in North Dakota, where the poverty is as bad as it is in Haiti. I asked her what her parents thought of her going off to all those places alone. Didn't they worry about her? How did they do it?

She just said, "Well, I guess they just trust me to the Lord."

Wow. Yeah, I guess so.

That's what I will have to do someday with my own kids. Probably what I should be doing now, come to think of it.

Well, we let the cat out of the bag. First told the fam. Went well, I guess, all things considered. Now we are telling our friends. My apologies about the Facebook bomb, if anyone thought that was weird. It's like pregnancy, having to tell people one by one takes forever. I don't get out much, and miss so much church and life because someone always seems to be sick, just figured it would be easier. And anyone who knows me knows I don't do the phone. :D So far everyone has been encouraging and supportive, which means a lot to us. But I'm sure not everyone will be. That's just the way it goes.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails