February 16, 2010

My Utmost for His Highest

Back in college, before I got saved, I had a Christian roommate who introduced me to many good books. One was My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers. Eventually I bought a copy for myself. I have been reading it on and off, over and over, for years. It's definately one of my 'highly recommend's. I keep mine in the bathroom, the only place I'm ever alone for a even a minute. It only takes two minutes to read a day, so that's where it lives. Sometimes I just go in there to hide.

Anway, I love what he has to say about missions:

"A missionary is one sent by Jesus Christ as He was sent by God. The great dominant note is not the needs of men, but the command of Jesus... We forget that the one great reason underneath all missionary enterprise is not first the elevation of the people, nor their needs; but first and foremost the command of Jesus Christ - 'Go ye therefoe, and teach all nations...' We give credit to human wisdom when we should give credit to the Divine guidance of God through childlike people who were foolish enough to trust God's wisdom and the supernatural equipment of God."

Wish I could quote the whole thing, it's sooo good. But, you can read the rest here.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails