November 23, 2010

Pueblos Originarios de la Argentina//Native Peoples of Argentina - Part 4

You know, now that I think about it, these videos are rather truncated snippets, a type of very short pseudo-documentary of the reality and the lives of native Argentines - not an oversweeping view, just a small peek into the lives of others.

But I want everyone who visits this blog to watch these, because it makes me think of that saying, "Ojos que no ven, corazón que no siente" - "Eyes that do not see, heart that does not feel". You can't care about something unless you know about it. What better way to know about something than to see it for yourself? Tony and I often think the reason we American Christians are so complacent is that most of us have not seen firsthand how the rest of the world lives. If we did, it would surely change the way we live our lives.

What I really like about these videos is that they show the people and how they live - even if just for a short two-minute glimpse. It's another world, Argentina. It is. I hope everyone takes a look. In many of these videos in this series you can even hear the native languages spoken.

(forgive the Spanish, please watch anyway:))

Northern Argentina: The Toba



Tony has a real desire to visit the Toba, many of whom live in desperate poverty. Here is glimpse (warning: strong images of poverty).


And here, also:

(watching this one made me get over myself and my previous fears - I truly pray God gives us the opportunity to go, too...)

[Native People of Argentina Series: Part 1 2 3]

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails