February 13, 2012

potty break replete with ashy whirlwinds

Driving in Patagonia means driving through some pretty remote places. No service centers or nice, clean bathrooms along the way, smelling of flowers and sanitizer, stocked with toilet paper, hand soap, and paper towels. It's BYOTP (Bring Your Own Toilet Paper), whirlwinds of volcanic ash...
and some condors to keep you company.

And make sure you find a bush, because every once in a while a car, or ten trucks, come around the bend...

You can water the local ash...
[the white stuff]

...feeling good about your contribution to the fertility of the region.

The view making up for any inconvenience, of course:
:)

2 comments:

Denise said...

I thought I was roughing it when I lived in North Dakota. I'm clueless, aren't I? That lake and mountains are breathtaking!

Chris said...

I don't know, Denise - I took a train through ND once and it looked pretty remote to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails